terça-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2013

A comment on the visitors of my blog



As you know by now, my hobby of dioramas at scale 1:18 is not restricted to certain trademarks but I use more or less everything that seems to fit, from figures GI Joe, Star Wars and even Disney to die cast car models and Playmobil, along with a lot of scratch-built items. After almost one month and a half I made an analysis of the statistics of visitors of my blog and that was not without a certain surprise. The accumulated accesses classified by countries show the following structure:

USA                                 34%
Germany                          21%
Brazil                               14%
Malaysia                          11%
Portugal                             2%
Other countries                18%

As I use figures and vehicles from the series GI Joe and Start Wars, I was not surprised about the strong participation  coming from the USA. Probably the USA account for 90% of the worldwide market for GI Joe articles  today and a very large portion of Star Wars. Although GI Joe figures are more or less unknown in Germany there exists a considerable community of collectors of Star Wars items. As far as I know Germany follows the USA as the second biggest market for die cast cars and it is the worldwide biggest market for model building in general. However, Germans model builders are more inclined in depicting actual historical environments or environments that come close to present reality. Thus, I had expected a lower participation and I am happy that I was wrong. Brazil had a strong community of GI Joe fans until about 20 years ago but today it is a very small niche business and Hasbro does nothing to develop that market. The Brazilian community of Star Wars fans and of collectors of die cast cars of course is considerable. Furthermore, the Brazilian community of model enthusiasts is small but  its members are good in making things themselves because decent accessories are almost unavailable. I suppose that the Portuguese market is not too different from the Brazilian market but I am not sure. However, I was very much surprised about the strong participation of people from Malaysia. In fact it makes me somehow proud that people from that very different culture and half a globe away are interested in what I am inventing here in Brazil.   Inputs of ideas for new diorama themes from everybody are welcome.  

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Observação: somente um membro deste blog pode postar um comentário.